The new 3D drillhole planning tool in Oasis montaj 8.5, Target 8.5, and Target for ArcGIS 4.5 allows you to interactively draw and position proposed drillholes in the 3D Viewer within context of other geological, geophysical, and geochemical 3D data.
- Start with a drillhole project.
- Create a 3D map with your holes and other relevant data such as a surface, voxel, or DXF.
- In the 3D Viewer, click on the Plan a Drillhole tool.
- Use the Reference Plane tab to position the plane for digitizing. You can re-position interactively or manually, and modify the clipping of the data in your view.
- Switch to the Drillhole tab to position the Collar and Target of your planned hole. You can calculate the collar using a DEM grid, and extend the hole through your target.
- Click on Save to add the proposed hole to your drillhole project.
See it in action in this short video: